Thanks for the great assistance with my inquiry on the N&W in Petersburg

Thu Jul 12 06:18:02 EDT 2007

I just wanted to express my appreciation to those who took their time to
help me out: Jeff Morfit with his good suggestion for using local resources
like libraries and historical societies, Ron Davis for the heads up on what
the valuation map status is at the Archives, Ted Cutler for his maptech link
-- so useful to get "the big picture," and the incomparable Harry Bundy for
some inside dope on Petersburg and the railroads that ran through it.
Joseph Cotton indeed! My thanks to you all.

Hilary Smith
Vienna, Virginia