Saw-By

Thu Jul 12 11:04:08 EDT 2007

"Maybe Jimmy Lisle or Abe Burnette know the rest.
Harry Bundy "

Harry,
I have only had this happen maybe twice. Both times at Troutville. One time we made a cut and set some cars off in the steel plant spur and then pulled the rest of the train in the clear.
The other time, after both trains were stopped, our train was just a car or so short of clearing the circuit. Our engineer got permission to pass the red signal at the north end just far enough to clear the south end but not so far as to run into the side of the other train. The southbound left and after that we went north.
Now for the clincher question. How did we leave the north end without taking the power switch "on hand" and without backing up behind the signal?
I'll give you a few days to figure that one out.
Jimmy Lisle