N&W in Petersburg

Sun Jul 8 22:40:26 EDT 2007

Hilary,

If you have access to Sanborn maps, they make very good references.
They also cover a number of points in time so you can see the changes
as the city developed.

Newspapers are good material IF you know the general timeframe
(within a few months) when a topic of interest occurred.

The Archives Committee has just started to sort and enter the
valuation maps we received from the Library of Virginia. One of the
volunteers may know if any showed up for Petersburg. Generally items
will be posted in the on-line database within a few days after being
cataloged.

Ron Davis