Truck Frames

Mon Jun 18 08:48:05 EDT 2007

Mike,
I'm trying to remember exactly how its routed. Somebody told me about ten years ago.

Seems like its Chicago to Norfolk. I believe it heads south via Cincinnati, Lexington Kentucky, and down to Knoxville before it heads east through Bristol, Walton, and Roanoke. From there I think it takes the VGN across the Blue Ridge and then heads on to Norfolk.

The reason they couldn't route it down through the Pokey was tunnel clearances.

Oh, and let me give you my compliments on your excellent photography of the Bristol Line, and thanks for sharing them with us.

Ben Blevins

Train 23G went trough Abingdon early this afternoon with a number of cars
carrying truck frames tacked on the rear (as is normal). See attached.

Question: What is the routing of this eastbound revenue? Norfolk - ? via ?
Destination?

Thanks,

Mike Pierry, Jr.

It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07