Norfolk Plant closing

Thu Jun 7 19:52:02 EDT 2007

It is truly sad. So many people will be out of work because of it. I personally have noticed that the truck frames being hauled on the Bristol Line have been less and less.

I hope all those people can find work. Ford closed the Taurus plant in Georgia last year. I think the new Taurus coming out next year is being built in Mexico. I think the truck assembly is being consolidated to another plant closer to where the frames are manufactured.

So anyway, if anybody wants to take pictures of the frame loads on the back of these intermodal freights, they better do it soon. In case anybody can't, here's a photo I got of some a couple weeks ago. I can remember when there'd be 20 or more cars of frames. Now its down to two or three. Soon, it will be none...

Ben Blevins

Ford is closing the Norfolk plant the week of June 25th...

Rob Fisher