Arrow Magazine

Tue Jun 5 19:50:05 EDT 2007

Chuck, I did not mean to be critical of the choice that the editorial
board made, I think it is for the best, I just wanted to make sure
members were aware of the situation. Mr. EuDaly has done a great job
as editor of the "Northwestern Lines", and I'm sure he does the same
for all the other magazines.

As a child, our backyard faced the C&NW mainline, but sorry to say, I
was too young to notice much. When steam ended around the middle
fifties I was just able to capture a little of their steam, and I
also have known many who worked for the C&NW. My interest in the N&W
started in the late fifties, when, while in the military, I spent as
many weekends as I could following the N&W with my Bolex and Nikon.

In reality, I should be a member of a B&O Society, because I spent
over 25 years working for the B&O.C.T. at night, while I taught
school during the day, but the C&NW and N&W are of more interest to me.

Ron Peisker

Ron,

The N&WHS has an editorial board that solicits and determines the
content of
the Arrow and each is a member of the Society. The list of the
members is
found on the bottom left of page two. All are very knowledgeable
about the
N&W and each an accomplished author. Rest assured that the Society has
retained full control of how the Arrow looks and what you will find
between the
covers.

White River Productions does the graphics work, the publication, and
distribution of each magazine. What we gain with Kevin and White
River is an
accomplished graphic artist who knows the technical aspects of
putting a magazine
such as ours together, someone who can provides economies of scale
in the
publication (15 magazines), and someone who is very knowledgeable
about railroads
and who is a huge railfan himself.

The N&WHS Board of Directors moved to have White River publish the
Arrow for
reasons that Bill McClue, interim Editor, outlined on page 2 of the
current
issue in "From the Interim Editor...". Further questions should be
directed
to Bill, who is the current publication chairman. He can be
contacted thru
the Society website at _www.nwhs.org_ (http://www.nwhs.org/) .

This issue contained 32 pages. Future issues will contain more. To
help
prevent the Arrow from becoming a "generic rail road society
magazine", I invite
you and all members of the Society to contribute. Write up a short
article
on something you know about and submit it for inclusion in one of
the future
issues. We are always looking for articles and other contributions
from and
for our members.

Chuck Stewart
Member of N&WHS Board of Directors