Jan-Mar Arrow

Mon Feb 19 09:32:46 EST 2007

A couple of items about the current Arrow issue. First, if you have not yet received it, please know it is on the way. It is our first quarterly issue of 32 pages as part of a transition to a new designer/printer combination. The transition is necessitated by the retirement of Jarrell Greever as our Editor and graphic designer. More about the transition later.

Second, profound public apologies to Charlie Schlotthober whose wonderful article on tender lettering was somewhat diminished by the printer printing his concluding color image in B&W...for reasons that continue to elude me. We will reprint that image in color in the next issue.

Third, in TAF there is a reference to a flyer for the Friends of the VGN Railway. At the last minute, for technical reasons relating to printing, we had to drop that flyer from the package. But it will return in the next issue.

Bill McClure
N&WHS
Publications Chairman