VMT Board

Mon Oct 23 15:55:02 EDT 2006

At 10:06 AM -0700 10/21/06, Rodney wrote:

>Since they are a 501c3 they must file reports with the URS, SCC and Va Dept of Agrculture/Consumer Affairs (for regiistration to solicit funds in VA). All info including Directors, etc is a matter of public record and can be obtained from them

Thanks for making the light bulb light up! I forgot about the Guidestar web site (see http://www.guidestar.org) where one can look up information about non-profit organizations (basic access requires free registration). A search turned up a page on the VMT with IRS form 990 filings for several years available (PDF files). I downloaded the 2005 return (for July 1, 2004 to June 30, 2005) and gave it a quick look. Attached is a list of the Board of Directors (which I have included here). In addition to the revenues and expenses listings, there is a list of depreciation expenses that will probably be of interest to those who can understand what it all means. In fact, anyone who can interpret any of these filings (I'm not a tax auditor) could problaby shed a bit of light on what has been happening (or not happening) at the VMT for the past several years.

If someone would like a copy of the return, drop me a note at vtgoose at yahoo.com and I'll be glad for send it your way.

Bruce in Blacksburg
---------------------

Virginia Museum of Transportation, Inc.
2004-05 Board of Directors

As of 1/19/05

The Honorable Ward L. Armstrong
Armstrong & Armstrong
1 Walnut St., P.O. Box 1431
Martinsville, VA 24114
(276) 632-7022, During Session - (804) 698-1011
FAX (540) 632-2935
warda at kimbanet.com

Ralph K. Baker, Jr.
3202 Westridge Rd.