VMT

Tue Oct 17 17:31:52 EDT 2006

VMT has a fair-sized laundry list of problems. I've
been a member for years, and personally, I'm not happy
with the present situation. But the site has
possibilities and I'm not going to throw stones. It
needs help, that's certain.

IMO, moving the equipment currently residing in the NS
yard was an improvement because the general public is
not interested in a place that looks like a scrap yard
or a work-in-progress. They want attractive exhibits
in a nice setting. The actual artifacts probably
don't matter much.

The director could be anyone that can take the entire
transportation picture into consideration, not trading
one for the other. Whether he's a railroader or not
is likely immaterial. A degree isn't that important
either, if he/she has the determination and vision to
make the place work.

BTW, who is the "art guy from VT"? I didn't know
there was anyone in authority from VT at the museum.
Did I miss something?

Dve Stephenson