Trolley line in Ironton

Thu Jun 1 08:07:01 EDT 2006

Huntington still has the BUS BARN that was really a trolley barn before
converting to handling buses. It is probably one if not the only one left
that is so original as it stands. The use as a flea market has not damaged
beyond making great museum location that just happens to have been a working
trolley/bus barn, it is huge.

This is typical of a rail history conversation and where it leads to. I have
not thought of the bus line in years. When I first read your comments I was
thinking of Blue Ribbon Bus Lines that were in Ashland and located their
barn just off the Ohio River Bridge to the right on Winchester Ave. and that
is where the name the bowling alley came from when they took the barn and
converted it bowling.

By the way that bridge way a toll bridge and that fact and the harsh fact of
segregation made a small boy feel like he as going into a foreign each time
Mom drove over to Ashland, KY.

Oakie G Ford
IRONTON, OH

Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:39 PM
Subject: Trolley line in Ironton

> If I'm not mistaken the trolly line you are discussing was the Ohio

> Valley, don't remember the exact title. It evolved int the Ohio Valley

> Bus Lines and served not only Ironton and Coal Grove but Huntington as

well