Housekeeping

Wed Apr 19 21:14:04 EDT 2006

My old friend John, (we need to get together next time I'm in Charlotte)

It's not the discussion of other railways that upsets me (aside from the N&W
and VGN, I also model the C&O, PRR, and SOU and to a lesser degree the SAL,
RF&P, L&N, CRR, INT and even the ACL too - In fact I like all North
American railways.) What I get tired of is the tone of Bill's remarks and
attacks on the N&W, his condescending remarks in response to NWHS member's
communications to him, and a while back in speaking at that time from the
prospective of a former Southern Ry employee, he attacked and belittled
former N&W management and the N&W as a corporation. Very bad taste.

Bill seems to enjoy creating animosity and discontent beyond good reason. I
can't imagine attacking the ACL, its former management, or ACL-SAL
Historical Society members in a similar fashion within an internet
discussion group sponsored by the ACL-SAL Historical Society.

It's great to discuss and compare aspects of other railways to the N&W and
Virginian. It's educational and interesting.....but folks need to do so
respectfully, not negatively and certainly not belligerently.

Again, this is the N&W Historical Society. I've been a member going back to
the Society's creation in the 80's (one of the first 100 members). I thank
we would gladly welcome all interested parties to participate in our
discussions ........ including discussions on other railways. I would also
expect folks to do so intelligently, positively, and respectfully.

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA (currently Russellville, AR)

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:30 AM
Subject: RE: Housekeeping