Boiler Explosion near Wytheville.

Tue Apr 18 23:01:18 EDT 2006

Sorry that did not give my last name in my first response. Same message otherwise.

The engine was 2153 that had a boiler explosion on December 12, 1955 at Crockett, near Wytheville. It had just received a classified repair in the previous weeks.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:39 PM
Subject: Boiler Explosion near Wytheville.

What engine number was the Y6 whose boiler exploded near Wytheville. I spoke with the man that reported the injector not working properly on the engine the night before. He said it had not been long out of the shop from overhaul as it was still very clean.
Jimmy Lisle