Well.....how about diesel fuel!!

Thu Mar 30 23:29:58 EST 2006

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry regarding diesel fueling at the smaller, outlying terminals.

In my model railroad frame of mind, it never occurred to me that the diesels would have sufficient fuel to operate for an extended period of time before needing refueling. I presumed, regarding my interest in the Shenandoah line, that the diesels would have been fueled there routinely.

It never dawned on me that a diesel could be serviced in Roanoke, operate up and back on the Valley line, before needing to be refueled.

This will certainly help me with my operations of my model railroad and will make for some interesting rotation of motive power.

Thanks again.

Jim Brewer