Ammunition plant pass,

Thu Mar 16 09:56:03 EST 2006

Mr. Lyon,

If you scan any Railroad Magazines with articles on the N & W or VGN, please
keep the NWHS archives in mind. You may come across an article that the
archives does not have. In particular, I have wanted to re-read a two-part
article from the 1930's (as I recall) on the Pocahontas Division by C. B.
Hock, who was a fireman and, later, engineer on the Pokey. His early
service preceded the Federal hours of service laws, and he made one
statement in the article that I remember. Referring to his long hours
working as a road fireman, he said that many a time he had gone to sleep
standing up on a bouncing engine cab deck.

Mr. Hock was a friend of my grandfather, who was a Pokey Div. engineer also,
and one time when I was quite young I met Mr. Hock, who was quite old then.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:37 PM
Subject: Ammunition plant pass,