Arrow/Mainline Modeler

Thu Dec 1 18:25:06 EST 2005

I received my Nov/Dec issue of the Arrow today, and once again, Jarrell Greever has done an excellent job, as have the authors of the articles. Thanks!

Ironically, earlier this week I received my latest issue of Mainline Modeler. Once again, MM is running articles that have appeared in the Arrow.

What is the arrangement here on reprinting articles from the Arrow in MM? Is the Society compensated? Is the original author compensated? If not, why not?

Also, in prior issues MM has run drawings and/or photos of N&W prototypes that are credited to the Society's archival collection. Is MM paying for these materials? If not, why not?

I am letting my subscription to MM lapse for many reasons, none of which are pertinent to discussion on this list, but I am very curious about the above.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD