Time for an all-Virginian calendar?

Tue Aug 23 23:43:58 EDT 2005

Can somebody tell me why it is so very vital that
there are color photos in the first place? If you are
trying to say that color photos are a must for selling
a calendar, then thats just crazy. Here is a reason
why: Look at any 3 stooges, Marilyn Monroe or Chaplin
Calendar, MOST if NOT ALL of the photos are, GASP,
black and white. The sales on these are rather brisk.

If my memory serves, not too many folks had color
cameras in the 40's and 50's that they could just whip
out and snap some photos. I could be wrong......

Again, I could not care less as to color or not, its
time for a Virginian Calendar.

Mark Combs

> Daylight Time,

> I would not be in favor of this as it would dilute

> the diversity of the

> regular calendar. It would also set a precident if

> another faction,

> i.e....passenger train fans wanting an all passenger

> calendar, which the Society would have

> to deal with. And as some one who has spent some

> time behinds the sales tables

> over the years I find that unsold old calendars take

> up alot of sales space,

> better devoted to more

> profitable product. Mason Cooper

> The "diversity" had already been diluted from the

> black & white '06 Classic

> calendar I got the other day, which is what prompted

> my e-mail on the subject

> of an all-Virginian calendar to begin with. I

> haven't seen the '06 color

> calendar, so I don't know if the Virginian got short

> shrift on that one as well, or

> not.

> Greg Harrod

Man who loves Whitby WV