"The Cannonball"

Sun Jun 19 10:38:47 EDT 2005

Don is correct - we took the Meteor to FL many times in earlier times
(before interstates) and never went through Norfolk.  Do remember the
layover in the Alexandria yard, though.  My dad worked for the Grand Trunk
and we had comp tix (favorite trip was to Chicago on the 20th Century,
passing right next to Cleveland's Municipal Stadium about 11PM at night - I
still remember the huge Chief Wahoo sign lit up).