"New" CPLs at Roanoke

Sat Apr 16 21:25:36 EDT 2005

Not sure as to why they are there, but I worked under the new signal last week, and the only explanation that I can come up with is that the placement of the signals is in the direct eastern throat of the yard, complicated by the fact that four main lines converge at this point( 1 Shenandoah, 2 Norfolk & 1 Winston-Salem), and the aspects would be easier read and simpler to explain by the older types of cpls, rather than a gaggle of the newer stoplight formations. Just a thought....

Gary Price