Culvert Question

Sun Apr 10 10:09:44 EDT 2005

I need to model a standard N&W concrete culvert.  I have the plans as presented on page 3 of the Society's N&W Standards Drawings book.

My first question is whether there is batter on the face of the wing walls, or anywhere else where you would see it (batter is where the face of the wall tapers, or angles, from the bottom to top; in other words, the wall at the base may be 18 inches thick, while only 12 inches thick at the top, resulting in batter, or a taper from bottom to top).

My second question involves the drawing on page 3 of the standards book.  On the drawing, a dimension of X is given in the corner of the barrels (the portion through which the water flows).  For the life of me, I can't find any reference in the notes on the drawing how to determine X.  Any suggestions?

I've looked on my archives CD data base, but there is nothing listed that is applicable that I could purchase from the Society.

Does anyone have access to any more detailed drawings for the concrete culverts?

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD