Last steam recording

Sat Apr 9 09:53:30 EDT 2005

Jim

Not trying to be spoilsport here, but most likely those recordings are
copyrighted, therefore cannot be copied and sold without the owners
permission. I was very involved in the production of the Link CD set,
and can tell you it was an amazing amount of work. It is quite possible
the original field tapes of Mr. Sherry still exist, if someone knows
him or how to get in touch with him, it may be a worthwhile endeavor to
see about remastering the tapes for CD. However, after just going
through this on Link's material, the original field tapes may be
falling apart, Link's are, they were shedding some of the magnetic
media as they were transferred. Link used 1/2 inch tape, as most people
did in those days. The binder between the magnetic media and the
plastic base is now failing after the years, not too unusual for that
type of media. Most commercial recordings (i.e. studio) used larger
tape, and therefore better made.

There has been copies of the Link material selling on ebay from one
seller, he was notified by the attorney to cease and desist.

Ken Miller