Last steam recording

Sat Apr 9 01:18:21 EDT 2005

Jeff,

Is it possible to get a copy of this recording, maybe in CD format?  Are
record copies still available somewhere?  I see Link's records showing
up on ebay occasionally (I've picked up 2 dupes of ones I have 'cause
mine are getting worn out from playing!).  I know the Society has all 5
on CD and I need to get them.  Having other N&W records converted to CD
would be great.

Re: Mr. Jackson, there is a picture of "Walter Jackson, Asst.
Trainsmaster, Norfolk Div." on the back of Link's "Thunder on Blue
Ridge" record.  A date of 4/18/59 is given for the color cover shot at
Boaz.  I suspect that timeframe was when Link's recordings were made, so
it's likely that the May date Mr. Sherry mentions is accurate.

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

All messages scanned by Norton anti-virus software.