#475 Relettered

Sat Dec 11 08:57:02 EST 2004

I said Illinois and certainly meant Ohio. And I had heard that #578 was being offered up for someone to take care of. We down here in Virginia and North Carolina areas are hoping MAYBE the NC folks down in Spencer might want it. How sad a shape is it in? How long has it been since it was fired?

Bob Welsh
  Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 6:07 AM
  Subject: Re: #475 Relettered

  Bob

  Better have a another cup of coffee! The 578 is right here in Columbus (Worthington), Ohio. I have heard that the Ohio Central people have looked it over but know nothing beyond that. She's in pretty sad shape.
  As a point of interest, a now deceased friend was with the Ohio Railway Museum at the time they acquired the 578. He told me the N&W offered them a choice of any engine they wanted and they choose this one because they figured it would be the  easiest to handle and care for.

  Jim Kehn