#475 Relettered

Fri Dec 10 06:07:01 EST 2004

Bob

Better have a another cup of coffee! The 578 is right here in Columbus
(Worthington), Ohio. I have heard that the Ohio Central people have looked it over
but know nothing beyond that. She's in pretty sad shape.
As a point of interest, a now deceased friend was with the Ohio Railway
Museum at the time they acquired the 578. He told me the N&W offered them a choice
of any engine they wanted and they choose this one because they figured it
would be the  easiest to handle and care for.

Jim Kehn