N&W Info

Thu Sep 2 10:00:25 EDT 2004

 From Katie Letcher Lyle's book "Scalded to Death By the Steam"  ISBN
0-945575-01-7, Ezra McHaffa was fireman on June 30, 1937 when Y3 No.
2092 leading time freight 85 westbound, plunged off the east end of the
Maybeury bridge and exploded.

The wreck destroyed the locomotive, killing the engineer, fireman,
fatally injuring the head end brakeman and an innocent bystander who
was walking along the track.

Ken Miller