[N&W] Re: Jawn Henry

Mon May 31 14:53:32 EDT 2004

Barry:

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/

Use Turbine as your search word, you'll have 13 hits, the first of which is:
http://scholar2.lib.vt.edu/imagebase_new/norfolksouthern/full/ns1273.jpeg
a diagram.

Nigel
nfmisso at flash.net
__________________________________
Barry,

Where did you find the line drawing?

JR
__________________________________
The Virginia Tech Image Base would be the best source. It can be found at the
following internet location:
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/

To search this location type in Steam Turbine or 2300 etc. There are about 10
photos of the 2300 at the VT site.

The following location in the VT Image base has a very good drawing showing
location of the internal hardware.  This is simple and would be great to use in
a presentation.
http://scholar2.lib.vt.edu/imagebase_new/norfolksouthern/full/ns1273.jpeg

Jim B.
_________________________
Regarding the Jawn Henry, there was a small but useful article in the N&W
employee's magazine- June of 1952 or '53 and a nice article in the October
1975 Railroad Model Craftman.  I also believe that an internal arrangement
plan was in the Jeffries book about N&W steam.

I have access to both magazine articles and will copy them and send them to
you.

Gary Rolih, Cincinnati
__________________________
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/

Jawn Henry doesn't work, but Steam Turbine gets 7 hits!

Tom Cosgrove
__________________________
For Barry,
            You say you have a line drawing of "Jawn Henry". Not knowing where
you found it, the book "Norfolk & Western Steam ( The Last 25 Years)" Has a
brief history on this engine along with a line drawing which also shows the
basic internal layout. Don't know if this will help.

Alan Cox
Hi Barry,  I`m also a N&W Historical Society member & love the e-mails, just
tons of info. I have collection of items from the turn of the century 1900`s
&  WW11. I was quite taken the 1st time I saw a "Jawn Henry" on one of the
tapes I purchased. I kept rewinding, ran the tape at slow speeds, thought to
myself what the hell is that !!!  Since have compiled some pictures & data
on her. follows are some sights I have discovered hope they help your
project.   http://www.railroad.net      http://www.northeast.railfan.net
Hope this helps you, Ron Wilkinson