N&W in 1938--Radford
NW Mailing List
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Sat Nov 21 19:49:56 EST 2009
Norfolk and Western Magazine
Name of Station at Radford Changed for Third Time
Just recently the State Corporation Commission granted the request of the N. & W. Railway to change the name of the East Ward Station to Radford. This will bring the name of the railway station into conformity with the post office organization. The two post offices were consolidated June 1. So it goes that this is the third name for this station: Central Depot, East Radford and Radford. At the time the station was located here it was know as station 301, being the 301st station west of Norfolk on the railroad.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NW-Mailing-List