Heavyweight Car

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 7 17:28:33 EDT 2024

Hi,

Thanks again. Yes that is a paint mask. The reason being the cars still
needed a final coat of paint to seal the whole thing. For two reasons: they
get handled putting on and off the tracks and who knows I might do some
other weathering effects later.

I did not actually to the pigment step, and that requires subtractive
techniques with enamel thinner which can hurt the acrylic paints.

I'm still learning this step. If you saw the other car I did, it was a
little heavy. Not unrealistic just more then I wanted.

I'll remove the paint mask on the windows soon.

This photo shows the earlier one I did and a later one on the right. If you
look the masking is removed from it.

This angle shows the roof effect that I really like on the right.

David Baker