Heavyweight Car

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Oct 5 20:33:42 EDT 2024

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment. It started life as a HO scale Walthers Paired Window Coach. This is a stand in for the PG. The PG was from ~1912 until past the end of steam. This is prefect for me because my layout can reasonably stand in for that entire timeline if you ignore the position light signals.

Now the PG is not a paired window coach, but the walthers cars run very well so I’m willing to take these as ‘good enough.' Basically, it’s got a new roof and a few minor changes and a new paint job. Its also crazy to think that I got them over 10 years ago for 20 bucks each … I’m going to try and figure out how to do the other end style (flat).  I have some cores left over from the other walthers modernized coaches I took parts from (e.g., the roof). Those are going to be a more intense kit bash, but should be fun.

David Baker