Heavyweight passenger cars

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Sep 21 18:58:18 EDT 2024

Hi,

TLDR: Rail Center Red-Brown

I've been working on heavyweights a bit now. I've been watching videos,
looking at photos, saw a real life n&w coach (probably off color)...etc.

I've got a few colors: Polyscale PRR, True Color Tuscan, Rail Center
Tuscan, and Rail Center Red-Brown.

I've seen some lightning combination in either real life, pictures, or
videos that looks like any of those colors at some point.

Right now I'm favoring a grey primer, rail center red brown acrylic, a
medium brown filter, a dark enamel panel line wash, a dust color acrylic
wash on the bottom third, a dark shader, and grime shaders on the
front/black. Then powder washes on the undercarriage and trucks.

I don't have the black roof right yet, but for a brown roof, I I've used
rail center grimy brown, a medium brown filter, and Ash black shader

I'm very impressed in general by the model tank painting community (which
is where MIG Ammo comes from). I think they are way ahead of model
railroading. I recommend watching the videos MIG has on you tube.

David Baker