groups

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Sep 7 16:59:16 EDT 2024

Kind of response I expected that has not idea of the quality and craftmanship that is being delivered today in HO. I don't believe having tricolor class lights, ground lights, rotating wheel bearing and road specific details per locomotive number that are now a higher standard than brass ever was as "whizz-bang gee gaws. " Older brass was known for having poor soldering such as the PSC O N&W class A, take my word from someone who has sold brass for over 30+years. I have every N&W and VGN brass models in HO, O, and 1/32 scale ever produced and some that modelers don't even know about in both scales such as a Key O scale N&W E6 Factory painted in the ACL colors with the silver Norfolk &Western lettering.
Yes, HO has a bigger following and they demand better models. The Max Gray and USH model are now considered below standard to what can be accomplished in manufacturing today. O scale may have less of a following, but O scalers do not care or demand BETTER - ACCURATE models. "MOST" are modelers who have always settled for less!!!!
Just what some O scalers have conveyed to me over the years selling brass.

Stephen Rineair