F20 flat cars (was 3D Central Trains)

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Aug 5 13:34:47 EDT 2024

I saw this in the most recent issue of "Railroad Model Craftsman". 3D
Central Trains is offering HO scale 3D printed models of N&W F20
flatcars with bulkheads and racks for carrying Mack R truck cabs. The
cars are offered empty or loaded, and the loads are available
separately. They are being sold as resin kits. It doesn't specify how
involved the kits are.
https://3dcentraltrains.com/collections/bulkhead-flats [1]

Quick research shows the Mack R cabs were constructed in Norwalk, OH,
and shipped to Allentown, PA, for assembly. Production lasted from
1966-2005.
https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/39183-source-of-mack-cabs/ [2]
I assume the loads would have originated on the NKP and eventually
transferred to PRR, but I don't know the exact routing.
Marty Flick (trying desperately to refrain from saying something
sarcastic)

NW-Modeling-List"