BLI CF was Re: N&W RPOs M1

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Aug 3 15:16:43 EDT 2024

On 8/3/2024 2:31 PM, NW Modeling List wrote:
> (snip)
>
> This one never made sense to me. BLI knows how many Y6b's they sell,
> and J's. And H2a's. All of this are always sold out, and highly
> desired on eBay after the initial deliveries. So it's hard to believe
> they are barely selling enough to make them profitable. How could a CF
> have been a hard decision to make, considering the rest of their N&W
> offerings?
> (snip)

Speculation from the WV mountain top . . .

I'm not sure when it was announced and cancelled, but it might have been
due to a tooling cost issue.  For a while there, the tooling costs were
going way up.

Granted the H2a project sold well, but the number of coal cars vs
cabeese on a layout is what . . .  10:1     15:1    maybe  25:1?

Amortizing higher tooling costs over a shorter run might have put it in
a price range where the average modeler would have balked.

Perhaps the Society could approach BLI and see what their logic was
then, and if it could be done now.

There are always a ton of reasons for "doing or not doing" a project.

Take care
Bill

--
==  Author of Military Crime Fiction ==

http://www.wadepublishing.com/fairwindsofdeath.htm

http://www.wadepublishing.com/fairwindsofdeceit.htm

Coming Later this Year - Fair Winds of Doubt

==  Scale Model Railroad Products  ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill Wade

B.T.S.
1782 Trinity Rd
Belington, WV  26250-7621