N&W F20 flatcars in HO Scale

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Aug 2 00:14:39 EDT 2024

I saw this in the most recent issue of "Railroad Model Craftsman". 3D
Central Trains is offering HO scale 3D printed models of N&W F20
flatcars with bulkheads and racks for carrying Mack R truck cabs. The
cars are offered empty or loaded, and the loads are available
separately. They are being sold as resin kits. It doesn't specify how
involved the kits are.
https://3dcentraltrains.com/collections/bulkhead-flats

Quick research shows the Mack R cabs were constructed in Norwalk, OH,
and shipped to Allentown, PA, for assembly. Production lasted from
1966-2005.
https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/39183-source-of-mack-cabs/
I assume the loads would have originated on the NKP and eventually
transferred to PRR, but I don't know the exact routing.
Marty Flick