Prototypical Trucks

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 22 15:48:54 EDT 2024

I've been badgering Ken Miller about a variety of subjects, to which he has been most helpful, but I thought maybe others would be able to assist here.

This stemmed from trying to find correct trucks for a HO scale N&W G4 gondola, I know they are N&W T-81, but what are they in normal speak? And what is a good model?

I know N&W had unique truck designs but they also bought in standard designs and then gave them their own designation. Someone has gone to a lot of effort to create freight roster lists (posted on the website) and specified the truck fitted but what would be a useful accompanyment is a guide to N&W trucks and suitable model recommendations. Before duplicating efforts already made by others, does such a thing exist already?

If not has anyone researched particular trucks and found suitable models thereof that could start to form the basis of? I don't mind compiling but my knowledge and access to information is limited. That and others are far more qualified on the subject.

Regards

Martin