Cab and Ground lights on steam locomotives

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Aug 30 17:44:09 EDT 2023

Hey Matt

I’m fairly certain that both the 475 and 1218 are more recent applications. Those type of fixtures are common on diesels, at least earlier ones, but as stated, nothing I’ve seen will give me any indication that there were actual steam era applications on N&W locomotives. The only place there might have been something is on the lubricator, to assist in filling it, as that is referenced on a drawing, but otherwise, not on steam era stuff. Cab lights, yes.

Best
Ken