inside of black coal hoppers

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri May 19 18:01:57 EDT 2023

Mike,
I couldn't find my photos of N&W hopper interiors but here's what some WM hoppers looked like in service. I have pictures of them being painted and it seems only the exteriors were painted. Yes, the coal & other commodities hauled would wear off any paint. Hope this helps some.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works