Foremans House Color Question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 17 10:17:57 EST 2023

Forgot the year of the Arrow issue. It is 1998.Alan Cox
In the Nov/Dec issue of THE ARROW is an article on "What color were they"  It is thought that prior to 1947 the Depot colors were tan with brown trim. I think this would also apply to other buildings. The article also lists paints for the colors but  lists Modelflex Dark Tuscan Oxide Red for the trim. It showed the tan color as a sand and Railroad Tie Brown for the roof. Those were Polly Scale colors which have been discontinued. You might find a color conversion chart on line to find replacements. Alan Cox
Good evening. My wife is currently building a fireman’s house kit from the commissary. We model 1938 and are curious about the color scheme for company structures at that time. I know there have been conversations on this topic in the past, but I cannot find them via search. My memory is that company buildings were cream with brown trim. That color combination sticks in my head because it is rather boring - but I don’t know if the time frame matches this color memory! Whatever the color, recommendations for commercially paints that do a decent job of replicating 1938 colors would be appreciated! Matt GoodmanColumbus, Ohio Sent from my mobile________________________________________NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.orgTo change your subscription go tohttp://list.nwhs.org/mailman/options/nw-modeling-listBrowse the NW-Modeling-List archives athttp://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-modeling-list/
NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org