Foremans House Color Question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 16 23:37:17 EST 2023

Good evening. My wife is currently building a fireman’s house kit from the commissary. We model 1938 and are curious about the color scheme for company structures at that time.

I know there have been conversations on this topic in the past, but I cannot find them via search. My memory is that company buildings were cream with brown trim. That color combination sticks in my head because it is rather boring - but I don’t know if the time frame matches this color memory!

Whatever the color, recommendations for commercially paints that do a decent job of replicating 1938 colors would be appreciated!

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile