Walthers N&W S2 County Sleepers

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Dec 30 17:40:58 EST 2022

	The HO scale Walthers N&W S2 County 10-6 Sleepers, Pullman plan 4140,
have been released as part of their PRR General series. The cars
include decals for all 3 car names. They have Norfolk And Western on
the letterboard and PRR style striping. They are painted the same
shade of brownish tuscan as their Pennsylvania passenger cars. I
believe this is correct for the cars' as delivered appearance. Later
they kept the PRR style striping but receive a truer N&W tuscan red.
Walthers has been producing very limited quantities of their passenger
trains in recent years, so if interested you probably shouldn't delay
in picking one up. Also on a Walthers related note, as we have been
getting a lot of questions about this in the hobby shop where I work,
Walthers announced they are going to publish their catalog every other
year, and 2022 is the first year they skipped. The next Walthers
catalog won't be published until late 2023.

 Marty Flick