Leadville Designs H9 Hopper Kits

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Aug 9 15:42:22 EDT 2022

The solution is probably 3D printing.
I wish I had more time to devour to this, as I would definitely tackle a
couple hooters. I am a hobbyist and very new to 3D modeling so it takes me
too long. I have 3 projects underway now.  And 1 additional planned. Those
will take me through the end of the year for sure.

I'D like to do a hopper or two, a CF and an M1 RPO.  But it will be a while
before I start for sure.  I don't quite have the level of experience to
create a perfect model, but hopefully I will get there someday.

There are a lot of guys doing these on Facebook 3D modeling and printing
groups. It would be worthwhile if we could find someone (not me) who would
create the file for a fee and give it freely to be printed by anyone after
completed.  The problem being that most of these guys are doing what I am
doing and creating their own stuff for their own favorite roads, and
probably don't have time to create a model. I don't have a good feeling for
what they would charge or something like that, but I would expect it to be
more than $1,000. The thing is, if you could get 10 people to kick in say
$150, they could then print unlimited number of hoppers for around $5.00
bucks worth of resin each. (Then you need paint and decals and trucks,
although people are starting to create trucks in resin, too). It's not
perfect, but if you compare the cost against 10 BLI hoppers, it's about the
same price.

Mike Rector