N&W caboose project Spring Mills Depot status

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Apr 15 16:08:46 EDT 2022

Broadway Limited announced a CF about 10 years ago, but it was
cancelled. I can't remember if it was due to lack of orders or if it
was caught up in some of those tooling theft lawsuits.
I have to believe that an N&W CF would sell at least as well as a
Missabe or C&O wood caboose like Walthers has produced. Of course, N&W
would seem to be an obvious choice for Athearn Genesis GP9's, but
other than one run of Redbirds and some ex-NKP or Wabash units, I
don't think they've done any. Manufacturers often seem to have a
"playlist", and N&W is seldom on it. How else do you explain SP and UP
4-8-2's, PRR decapods and atlantics, and C&O streamlined hudsons, but
no N&W M, S1/S1a, or streamlined 4-8-2?
Marty Flick