Walthers February 2021 New Product announcements, order by 2/26

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jan 21 11:39:13 EST 2021

 None were delivered in blue - all black. Blue is a repaint.
Jim Nichols
    On Thursday, January 21, 2021, 10:34:01 AM CST, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

Were all of them delivered in blue?  What year?  No black ones?

 On 1/21/2021 9:35 AM, NW Modeling List wrote:

Good news from Walthers Proto.  They will be offering 4 different numbers of of N&W freight GP9's in Pevler Blue.  766 and 767 will be offered with Sound-DCC (ESU Loksound 5 Decoders) and 769 and 809 in DC only, DCC ready. The picture with the passenger scheme frame stripe is incorrect.  I've verified with Walthers that the units will not have the passenger scheme yellow stripe and will adhere to N&W's Pevler Blue freight scheme.  The absolute prototype accuracy of the units is still to be determined but they without doubt will be the best plastic N&W freight GP9's offered to date.  You can see the various N&W specific features they have incorporated on the models.  I recently purchased an Erie Lackawanna GP7 from this same series of models and found it to be very accurate prototypically and operationally excellent too.Pre-orders must be submitted by 2/28/21 with delivery scheduled for 6/21.  There are numerous credible and reliable dealers you can pre-order these locomotives through.  I ordered all 4 and will convert the DC-DCC ready models to sound with ESU Loksound 5 decoders.

Ed Painter - Member #70, N&WHS Modeing Committee Chairman, from Narrowes, VA living in Cohutta, GA

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org
 --
NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org