Jawn Henry Decals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jul 8 20:21:27 EDT 2020

I've been working on fixing up an Alco Models Jawn Henry for a couple
months now. I'm done with updating the drive and installing DCC and
sound but I still need to paint and decal it. I'm having difficulty
finding any appropriate decals for the main NORFOLK AND WESTERN
lettering down the sides of the Jawn's hood. It is the same lettering
offered by Microscale in their Norfolk & Western Steam Locomotives set
(87-106) but larger. Does anyone know if appropriate decals were ever
manufactured by anyone? I've seen several examples of the Alco Models
Jawn Henry with correct decalling but I don't know if there was ever a
run of those decals done or if those models used custom decals. I've
never ordered custom decals before, I assume I would need to know the
correct font and color as well as the letter spacing. Would it be enough
to provide an example of the decals I wanted to duplicate along with
dimensions for how much they needed to be scaled up? Can anyone offer
any good resources for this?

Thank you,

Aaron Falis