Pennsy P85 Coaches

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jun 28 11:16:37 EDT 2020

 I'm a bit late on this topic but weren't the P85br coaches the ones that only had 44 seats, large lounges and blue tinted windows?

Dave Stephenson

    On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 8:11:34 AM EDT, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

  Pennsy P85br coaches  alternated with N&W P3 coaches between Norfolk and Chicago riding on trains 3 and 4.  Sometimes a Pennsy coach would show up on 21 and 22 between Richmond and Norfolk but not often. N&W coaches went as far a Harrisburg, Pa on trains 1 and 2 from Harrisburg to Hagerstown. To balance miles Pennsy coaches would be sent to Roanoke for use on trains 15 and 16 to run off the mileage imbalance.  Harold Davenport