Question for Ed King

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jun 5 19:20:25 EDT 2020

I just finished re-reading "The A" book for I can't remember how many times. It's just a superb book that does great justice to a great engine. Every time i read it I find something new. This time it's a tender question.
On pages 192-193 is a great shot of the unique 15,000 gallon tender. Love the style of them! Anyway, the trucks have some sort of line going to the first and third journals of both trucks with shutoff valves. I'm assuming (Oh no!) they are lubrication lines. If so, why don't the center journals have these lines?
Thanks for the annual joy I receive from reading your book!
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works