Ho scale 611 in the 1950s

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun May 17 12:23:10 EDT 2020

Looking at pictures of the J's when new (600 builder's photo and the 611 as new in the Roanoke station) they seem highly glossy like the model you have. Naturally it would be impossible to maintain them that pristine.
If your model is the J as in it's last incarnation as the Spirit of Roanoke I'm sure they made the dual headlight as well. Removing the decal or painted logo alone won't make it an "in service" engine. The HO scale J's are very common on feebay so it might be better or easier for you to just sell or trade yours for a more correct one.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works