Ho scale 611 in the 1950s

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun May 17 10:59:35 EDT 2020

Hi,
I am a bad person to ask for how hard that is (I am an electrical
engineer).  You can possibly tell from my bad spelling and writing lol.  I
think that whole replacement job would be "advanced."

To get the skills: you need to solder, you need to know how to use a
multimeter, and you need to know how to trace out connections.

You can watch some YouTube videos on replacing decoders and "stuff." Then I
would practice a bit on some random parts.

Speakers have a polarity and an impedance.  You need to learn that before
replacing a speaker.

This is a hobby within itself.

Cheers,

David Baker