Ho scale 611 in the 1950s

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat May 16 12:11:03 EDT 2020

"In service" is usually the term used by model companies to identify
the engines as they appeared in revenue service, as opposed to
excursion or fan trip version. So in the case of 611, "in service"
would mean as it appeared in the 1950s, and "railfan", "excursion
service", or "museum version" would be the 611 from the 1980s on.
Marty Flick

NW-Modeling-List"