Abingdon Branch mixed trains cars question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri May 8 11:48:19 EDT 2020

As I continue collecting info re: modeling sections of the Abingdon Branch
1957-63 and late 60s to early 70s, I've noticed that the coach changed to a
combine after steam's last run in 1957 and prior to the mixed being
cancelled in 1963.  See attached TRAINS cover from a 1984 article showing
the coach in 1957.

Can someone recommend HO models for the RPO/baggage (I think the mixed
train's car was #14 but I can't clearly determine the number in any photos
so far)?  The attached photo is from the NWHS archives because it's of the
same style.  How about recommendations for a coach and a combine?

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/