VGN 4-6-2/was Model Railroader Article

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Mar 9 21:37:56 EDT 2020

I, too, am sorry Division Point cancelled the VGN PA and cars. I talked to them and when they told me the PA was to be in the $1,700 range and the cars so high I changed my mind. I was also very disappointed when they refused to sell them as undecorated items too. As a custom painter I prefer painting my own stuff. After seeing their $495 N&W passenger cars that were incorrectly striped and all I knew I could do better.
I have a LOT of brass and not squeamish about spending big bucks for equipment but I really have to draw the line at $1,700 for a Pacific. I'm afraid the several folks who feel brass is "fine art" have created an issue for those of us who like to own nice quality stuff and operate.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works